One of my favorite things to cook!
1 lb of ground turkey or beef
1 cup of rice
1 jar of grape leaves
1 can of crushed tomato's
lamb or beef on the bone
salt, pepper, garlic, all spice
1. Boil grape leaves with a little salt
2. Combine Turkey, rice, a little olive oil, 1 clove of garlic minced and spices.
Roll the mixture into 1 grape leaf at a time, making them about an inch long by laying the leaf out and placing the mixture at the bottom, where the stem would be, fold it over, then fold sides in and continue rolling.
3. Place lamb or beef in the bottom of a pot, layer the rolled up leaves, pouring tomato and sliced garlic over each layer.
4. Add the final layer and place slices of garlic and slices of 1/2 of a lemon. Squeeze the other half of a lemon in the pot and cover with water and add spices.
5. Boil for 20 minutes and let it simmer for at least 2 hours. Serve with lemon wedges from the other lemon to squeeze over the leaves and enjoy :)